Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Desserts!

One of my favorite YouTube "tutorialistas" did a wonderful cake video, and got me craving one of my own!

Using this tutorial, this is what I ended up with…..once again, I’m reminded I need to work on my texturing….hers is so much more delicate and realistic!  Next time, I’m going to try to make the fondant and the filling a little thinner and more delicate as well.  That being said, I’m still pretty proud of my first ‘complicated’ build!

DSCN0991

I had a whole bunch of mixed up pink Premo ready to go and no project in mind….that is until I saw another one of GentlemanBunny’s tutorials on Macaron:

Once again, my inexperience shows, but I honestly think I’m improving – this is probably my favorite piece so far!  I tried to follow her instructions to the letter, but I think it’s just a matter of practice.

DSCN0992 DSCN0995

I think I want to make a larger sized macaron jewelry set, as well as a full rainbow of 1:12 macarons!  I’m in love with them!

No comments:

Post a Comment