Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Chocolate Lover

Of course, I ended up mixing far too much chocolate color for the chocolate chip cookies, but I sort of meant to, since I had in mind to make a chocolate bar!  I used this tutorial as a starting place for my chocolate bars:

I used a metal roll-y texturizer for the ‘writing’ indents, but other than that, I pretty much used this tutorial word-for-word!

DSCN1005

I ate a molten chocolate lava cake for dessert the other night, and having delicious chocolate on the brain, I decided I would try to make one!  I think they ended up a touch too small, and a touch on the under-textured side; and the liquid chocolate isn’t quite shiny enough for my taste; but all in all, I’m pretty proud of them!

I did pretty much the same thing as the doughnuts, only rolling them out slightly thicker before forming the hole, and making indents for the chocolate ‘lava’ overflow.

DSCN0998

As I was making the little chocolate lava cakes, I decided on the spur of the moment to make a chocolate bundt cake, since I did have so much of the chocolate color!  I mostly just messed around with a ball of clay until it was sort of the right shape, then worked a hole using a ball tool.  I used a needle tool to score the bundt lines, and realized all too late that I should have made the impressions more dramatic, and the sections more rounded.  All well, live and learn, right?  (I think the moral of my last few posts is “Texture More”!)

DSCN1000

No comments:

Post a Comment