Saturday, October 1, 2011

Campi Baskets

I’ve had a very productive day today making all kinds of miniatures for my Campi scene, some more successful than others.

I’m still struggling with getting colors the way that I want them, but I’ve finally resigned myself to the fact that I need to just let it go and do the colors the way I want them.

One of my favorite pieces so far is this grape bucket.  It turned out so very much darker than I had intended, but I really love all the aging!  (Which is actually not at all like the portrait, but oh well…..)

Here’s my bucket, waiting for its grapes:

DSCN1038

I’m more or less pleased with this basket, although I may paint my handle, as the colors don’t blend as well as I was hoping.  It’s very ‘plasticky’ looking.

DSCN1040

And the wooden box.  Again, much more textured and aged than the picture, but I like it; it has character!  (I was going to fill in the corner, but I like the ‘broken’ look….I’m starting to get farther and farther away from the portrait….)

DSCN1042

I’ve already blogged about the square baskets…..but I’ve made another one since then.

DSCN1041

Just a reminder, here’s ‘The Fruit Seller’:

Miniature_Campi Fruit Seller

And here’s as far as I have gotten on the scene:

I ought to start think about how I am going to display my little scene.  Hmmmm.  Any opinions?

No comments:

Post a Comment